YOUR GREAT IDEA
Do I Have a Great Product Idea?
At Apparel Design Partners we can help you determine whether or not your sewn product idea is “viable”. Have you conducted a thorough market analysis to determine if it has met the criteria of “Have I developed a product that will meet a need or solve a problem in the marketplace?” If you have a enough preliminary research to confirm and support your idea, at some point you’re going to find it critical to present a prototype or sample. In other words, you’ll need to have a functioning prototype or sample to show your target market what you’ve got, how it works, and how it will benefit them.
When it comes to sewn products and apparel there are surefire methods for “product and line development” that will increase your chances for customer acceptance and product success. We can help you navigate the landscape of the sewn products industry with proven strategies for success.
So often we get caught up in the excitement of the design process that we forget to ask ourselves the right questions. Unfortunately, it isn’t until we have invested a great deal of our time and money into our idea that we seek advice from professionals. Product success requires alot of hard work and research to determine broad market appeal and starts with asking the right questions.
Start thinking outside the box and begin asking these questions:
- Have I clearly defined my target market?
- Have I asked them what they want and am I giving them what they want?
- Who is going to buy my product? What are the demographics?
- Why is my product different or better? How can I make it unique?
- Who will benefit from my product and why?
- Does my product have the “wow” factor?
- How does it work? Do I have a prototype or a working sample?
- How do I price my product and what will it sell for?
- Do I offer related products; now or later?
- Should I offer it in a range of colors, sizes, and materials?
- Does my product benefit the world or solve a universal problem?
This is a small sampling of some of the topics we cover in our Product to Profit Workshop™. Learn more about our workshop or register for our next class here.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-47850382-1']); _gaq.push(['_setDomainName', 'appareldesignpartners.com']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);